Post Moderation (27 May 2016)

To help eliminate spam posts, the first few posts made by a forum guest will go through a moderation process, and won't appear until they are marked as not spam. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

First clear word

• mybriet
  • mybriet's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #996 by mybriet
mybriet created the topic: First clear word
For awhile I have been hearing indistinct "chatter". I would think my daughter had her TV on or was talking to friends. Nothing I could ever make out. I would go into her room to find out she was gone, no TV on, nothing. My husband never heard this. Sometimes I hear music playing in the other room but never can make out what song.... But, the other night while laying next to my husband while he slept I heard someone say "Hey" to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ummm so scary. Not a voice I knew and totally clear as a bell. My husband just snoozed away. Now I want to listen to audiobooks every night so any words will get mixed in. I am waiting for approval from insurance for an evaluation with neuropsychologist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #1008 by Pathr0s
Pathr0s replied the topic: First clear word
Hey,
Welcome.
Most likely your neuropsychologist will turn up nothing.
Since you're new to this I would suggest not engaging the sounds/voices. Meaning don't talk to them!
First, this will sound strange, develop a relationship with your sub conscious.
Write down your dreams, your sub conscious is better equipped at handling this before it bleeds over to your conscious mind, i.e. waking world. Your dreams will be your first indicator to whats going on.
In your dream you're looking for something outta place, oh yeah you're gonna start learning about yourself.

• dolphin
  • Frequent Poster
  • Frequent Poster
  • E.C.C.O Agent
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #1009 by dolphin
dolphin replied the topic: First clear word

mybriet wrote: For awhile I have been hearing indistinct "chatter". I would think my daughter had her TV on or was talking to friends. Nothing I could ever make out. I would go into her room to find out she was gone, no TV on, nothing. My husband never heard this. Sometimes I hear music playing in the other room but never can make out what song.... But, the other night while laying next to my husband while he slept I heard someone say "Hey" to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ummm so scary. Not a voice I knew and totally clear as a bell. My husband just snoozed away. Now I want to listen to audiobooks every night so any words will get mixed in. I am waiting for approval from insurance for an evaluation with neuropsychologist.

Pathros advice is spot on; although there are those of us who have chosen the path of learning to embrace and even benefit from the voices; rather than spending our life at war with them.

Beware the neurologist and mainstream psychiatry. Their default will be medication rather than psychotherapy.

Here is an illustrated two page PDF that breaks it down quite nicely.

Use Acrobat Reader to open it. http://www.hearingvoices.org.nz/attachments/article/89/Three%20Phases%20of%20Voice%20Hearing.pdf

For additional insight try this thread.
http://www.hearingvoicesusa.org/forum/general-discussion/326-the-origins-of-consciousness-marius-romme
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by dolphin.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #1210 by zipper19
zipper19 replied the topic: First clear word
Hello Mybriet. I know it has been over a year, but I was caught by a word in your account. Chatter. That is the way it was when I was a very small child trying to get to sleep. I had to be very tired to hear them. It sounded like folks talking in the next room or in the back yard. For months I could just hear enough to recognize the buzz of far away conversation. Eventually I began to isolate voices then words and later I could understand some of them. I told my parents (I was very young then) and they told me to tell no one and just ignore the voices. Instead I tried joining in on some of the conversations only to have some of the voices angry that a child was interrupting. Others were surprised I could hear them. They mostly talked about stuff I didn't understand at that age. Some of the ones who didn't want me listening went to what I can only describe as another room or channel when they thought I was listening. One or two of the nicer ones stayed around and talked to me for a few moments most nights. They told me lots of things communicate with far speak, but grown up humans are arrogant and don't like it. Eventually they figured out what time I went to sleep and no one talked or chattered around me when I was listening. With the silence I usually just fell asleep and in a few years forgot all about it. That was over 5 decades ago.
Your mention of a chatter and a recent experience struck a familiar cord. You may not be imagining things.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds