Post Moderation (27 May 2016)

To help eliminate spam posts, the first few posts made by a forum guest will go through a moderation process, and won't appear until they are marked as not spam. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Hearing voices and struggling

• Beyonder
  • Beyonder's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #1020 by Beyonder
Beyonder created the topic: Hearing voices and struggling
Hi,
I've been hearing voices for 6 years now and was wondering how to cope with it. I hear voices all day, everyday. There are male and female voices and also my own voice. I struggle to concentrate, like how I am trying to type right now. I am on medication but it doesn't work, I still hear them. Does anyone hear voices all day and do you get exhausted hearing them? They cause me to think about all the nasty things they say and was wondering how other voice hearers can function while still hearing them during things like driving, talking with people, shopping, etc. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1048 by autumnel97
autumnel97 replied the topic: Hearing voices and struggling
Yes, hearing voices all day is definitely exhausting.What I do when my voices are bothering me is listen to music. When I go out I always take headphones with me for this very reason. When my voices get overwhelming I go for a walk or for a run. As for functioning while hearing voices and trying to talk, I don't have any advice for you as I struggle with this too. I just try to tune them out and focus on what the person I'm talking to is saying, but I'm not always successful.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1088 by Lawkbutt
Lawkbutt replied the topic: Hearing voices and struggling
I hear voices constantly too. It really interferes with my sleep and they can be very hostile at times. Advice for this would be very helpful.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1136 by cocozee23
cocozee23 replied the topic: Hearing voices and struggling
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I also hear voices all day everyday . I usually hear one male voice and one female talking among themselves and talking to me . I also hear my own voice . It's really hard to focus when other people are talking to me , and often times i will zone out or black out . When i come back the person that was talking to me will ask " where were you just know?"

I was in a psychiatric hospital for a week when the voices told me to harm myself. I am now on medication . I was diagnosed with Major depressive disorder,recurrent episodes, with psychotic features. I feel like i may be schizophrenic, but i won't know until i get a second opinion from a psychiatrist .

I've been hearing voices and seeing people who aren't there since i was six years old . They were harmless playmates to me back then . Now since i have lost my mother and grew up the voices are more hostile . If i try to ignore the voices they get louder. The man that i see comes and goes . The voices aren't hostile all the time only when i'm really anxious or sad. Which is pretty often since i deal with depression. I'm hoping to talk with people like me for help and advice.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1137 by cocozee23
cocozee23 replied the topic: Hearing voices and struggling
Same here. I can't sleep more than an hour with no interruptions from the voices unless i take 2 melatonins

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #1156 by Macdru
Macdru replied the topic: Hearing voices and struggling
Try listening to relaxing music and use headphones.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1171 by RobinM
RobinM replied the topic: Hearing voices and struggling
I began hearing these voices about a year and a half ago. I also saw people and they tried to get me to harm myself also. I turned to God, began praying often, watching Shepherd's Chapel and reading the Bible. I found out that they are familiar spirits. They are are all evil spirits no matter what they say. It has gotten better for me, although they still possess my body. It has been 6 months since I turned to God.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1183 by RobinM
If you need to talk, email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
9 months 1 week ago #1197 by RobinM
I hear voices and also feel these entities around me. Please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds