Post Moderation (27 May 2016)

To help eliminate spam posts, the first few posts made by a forum guest will go through a moderation process, and won't appear until they are marked as not spam. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Thanks HVN: FORUM BACK UP FINALLY

• dolphin
  • dolphin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Poster
  • Frequent Poster
  • E.C.C.O Agent
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1064 by dolphin
dolphin created the topic: Thanks HVN: FORUM BACK UP FINALLY
I guess it will take awhile for the forum to get traffic going again.

Most people probably gave up checking back it was down so long.

Hackers again would be my guess. Would not be the first time.

Anyway I had thought to start a thread so people can check in and give a shout out.

Even if you normally only lurk and don't post please consider saying hello in this thread.

Would be nice to know who is here and who is not.

We will at least be able to count the views on a new thread, so I would like to thank you folks for kindly clicking in; if nothing else.

Yes that was meant to sound like the Beverly Hillbillies.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by dolphin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Veronica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1065 by autumnel97
autumnel97 replied the topic: Thanks HVN: FORUM BACK UP FINALLY
Just stopping by to say hello and I'm glad the forum is back up. How've you been?

• dolphin
  • dolphin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Poster
  • Frequent Poster
  • E.C.C.O Agent
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1066 by dolphin
dolphin replied the topic: Thanks HVN: FORUM BACK UP FINALLY

autumnel97 wrote: Just stopping by to say hello and I'm glad the forum is back up. How've you been?

Sameo Sameo. Nothing new really. Just treading the mill.

Sometimes I get the feeling I am slowly slip sliding away, but invariably I am continually dragged back by one thing, or another. Usually its a family member yanking my chain for something. Usually money. Not that I have very much, but I tend to rat hole since I never go anywhere, or do anything that costs money. Its hard sometimes because I feel like thats the only reason they stay in touch with me. If I say something about it they get all defensive and then I feel bad. What I do now is refuse to answer the phone. or chat messages pretending not to have seen their request. I then proceed to stew on it for a few days until I get over the depressing feeling from never hearing from them unless they need money. Then I give it to them without saying a word. I found its better that way.

If you are going to give something to someone then doing it in a frame of mind where you don't feel bad about it is the only way to go. One trick I came up years ago and have stuck to my guns about is my "POLICY". They all know never to ask me if they can borrow money. Whenever they would ask to borrow money I would put my foot down and chew them out. I finally got them to realize I only give what I can afford not to get back. They never paid back the loans anyway and by making it my steadfast rule they know better than trying to ask me for a lot of money. Its much better to get nickel and dimed than it is to have your wallet stolen. Still though $50 to $150 at a pop adds up over time. Especially when its more than one person that does it to you.

How is it that I'm the one with the crazy diagnosis, but they are the ones who can't ever seem to get it together and are constantly going from one crisis to the next seemingly repeating the same mistakes over and over.? After they take my money they always promise that next time they will get a different result? Correct me if I am wrong but that sounds eerily like that oft quoted definition of insanity.

I am thinking about changing my telephone answering machine recording to say ...

"I TOLD YOU SO; PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE WITH THE AMOUNT YOU NEED THIS TIME".

On a positive note I have a new past time hobby. Its an online real money prediction stock market called PredictIt. I started out with just $30 a few months ago. I got my bank roll up to over $1600 in cash winnings so far. Here is the link. https://www.predictit.org/Browse/Featured
Fair Warning: I lost $500 learning to play it, so really I am only up a little over a $1000.

Fun Fun Fun; Just don't tell my family. :lol:

Seriously; the last time I was locked up in a psych ward and I was trying to sign myself out my family attempted to get my doctor to keep me locked up by telling him I chain smoked ciggerettes and played online poker. You should have seen the look on the social worker lady's face when she turned to my doctor and pointed out how she would be laughed out of court if thats the worst they can come up with to justifty to a judge my remaining committed to a mental facility.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by dolphin.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1068 by Phoenix
Phoenix replied the topic: Thanks HVN: FORUM BACK UP FINALLY
Phoenix, checking in. :)

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche
The following user(s) said Thank You: dolphin

More
1 year 2 months ago #1072 by Gabski
Gabski replied the topic: Thanks HVN: FORUM BACK UP FINALLY
Hi everybody,

I'm new. Gabe Gregoire (male). I was diagnosed in 1992 with schizophrenia, and I've been through two suicide attempts, marriage and divorce, a hundred shit jobs, a dozen codependent dysfunctional relationships, the whole nine yards. Two and a half years ago I damaged my left hand and couldn't do menial work for a time. I had a job coach who helped me look for work that was actually in the field I was trained for, writing, and I lucked into my current position with a city arts & entertainment paper with a readership of 60,000. Now I work remotely from Waterville, Maine. I want to do some mental-health recovery writing, or work for an org in that area. But anyway, hope you are all well.

Gabe
The following user(s) said Thank You: dolphin, Phoenix

More
8 months 6 days ago #1161 by Rocketpenguin
Rocketpenguin replied the topic: Thanks HVN: FORUM BACK UP FINALLY
Was the forum really down because of hackers? Haters gonna hate I guess.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1181 by RobinM
RobinM replied the topic: Thanks HVN: FORUM BACK UP FINALLY
Don't loan people money. It will get you in a hole quickly. Separate yourself from those people. They are not your friends. I began hearing voices a year and a half ago. The entities even began speaking and laughing through me. I turned to God and am getting better. Pray. Talk to God and ask for help. Ask Him to send you dreams on ways to help. Keep a dream journal. I read the Bible every day and find that my dreams correspond to the Bible. Also, if you take drugs or smoke, ask God for help and strength to quit, because these entities feed on sin. Also, I watch Shepherd's Chapel on TV. It is channel 256 on Dish. It helps. Please email me if you need to talk. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds