Post Moderation (27 May 2016)

To help eliminate spam posts, the first few posts made by a forum guest will go through a moderation process, and won't appear until they are marked as not spam. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL "VOICE SUFFERERS" AND CONCERNED FAMILY MEMBERS OF SAMEp

• Kamaile
  • Kamaile's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #1084 by Kamaile
Kamaile created the topic: IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL "VOICE SUFFERERS" AND CONCERNED FAMILY MEMBER
I am writing to you all today, to alert You that there are "differring-types" of Schizophrenia..Medical and Spiritual"....and unless You "understand" the concept? You will fail to look for Guidance along the proper "channels." If You are a Sufferer of "VOICES"...."VISIONS"....and even "TACTILE SENSATIONS" (accompanying these "experiences!" Like Smelling, Tasting,and Nerve or Skin sensations) then it is important that You "know" which type of Schizophrenia you have before you start upon your Road to Discovering different "health options?" I am the Mother of a Son who possesses a combination of BOTH KINDS OF SCHIZOPHRENIA, and i know by his revealing to Me his experiences, that he feels that he is the only person in the World who suffers this way...and no one could possibly help him, or know what he goes thru? His Paranoid Schizophrenia came on at the age of 19, during which time he also experimented heavily with drugs! He also sufferred trauma to his brain as an infant after having contracted "Spinal Meningitis" in which We almost lost him. Doctors warned Me that He may have trouble with his anger issues later on in life, but up till 19...he was a normal healthy teen. He has a Sister who is Bi-Polar, Father whohas Depression, and I have a cousin with schizophrenia, so you see that there is a probable "Organic Relationship" here? Also he fits into all of the classic references of Paranoid Schizophrenia. But then.....there is the "OTHER KIND!!" The Spiritual Kind...that could be intermingling with his classic symptoms....and confusing his "diagnoses" of..."What is really WRONG with Him?!" I know this as a Fact because I myself myself occasionally "Hear Voices"...but they are of no consequence, and are more like conversations that don't even involve me, "usually!" Lots of People hear them, they are just ashamed to admit it!. Out of only 5 People that i asked? 4 out of 5 heard voices at some time in their lives! No, We're Not All Crazy? I come from a long line of "Spiritual Practitioners" in the Family, which in Hawaii are called "KAHUNAS" so i know that that there is also another form of Schizophrenia that cannot be explained thru' normal methods, which unfortunately, My Son seems to also be the recipient of this type of Legacy. Both are genetically passed down....yet both must be recognized as being separate and cannot be successfully treated by the same means. Hence, We have much confusion here , and unless the differention is made? You would be doing a "disservice" to Sufferers out there, who feel that nobody truly understands the cause of their frustrations with the Medical World! If They come to Realize that YES, They do not fit along this categorical lines? Then maybe...They Fit under THESE CATEGORICAL LINES? Then...Maybe.....They will Know How to Deal with Their Illness? Or... Maybe...They have a little...of BOTH?!!! Like My Son has...unfortunately... His Gift is also his Curse.But if SUFFERERS are reading this Post Today? Then Maybe...just....Maybe it will help thefor such a diverse populationm to understand that there are different Types of Schizophrenia, and that they really aren't alone in this World! It has been My Experience in the Metaphysical World...that Spitheir Methodsritual Schizophrenia can be controlled thru' the proper channels. Meditation and Self-Hypnosis, and Conciously connecting with a Higher Source. Medical Schizophrenia on the other hand, involves a variety of paths thru' their Psychological make-up in order to "lessen" the impact it has on their everyday lives. Perhaps if the Medical Society would aware themselves of this "possibility"....they will not resort to throwing everybody into the "Psychosis Soup" and realize where to concentrate their efforts? They are essentially on..."THE RIGHT TRACK?" But...unless they are willing to accept the possibility..."OF ANOTHER TRACK CO-EXISTING"? They limit Their Understandings of the Illness! Thus....limiting the "Care" given.....Patients become frustrated with Doctors who see everything in Black and White...yet They experience the Shades of Grey. MAHALO & Hope this helps! Mother of Sufferer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #1085 by ChrisC
ChrisC replied the topic: IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL "VOICE SUFFERERS" AND CONCERNED FAMILY MEMBER
Hello Kamaile,
Thank you for joining the forum. I appreciate your encouragement of people to seek understanding of their experiences and offering some things that may have been helpful for you and your son. As you say in your post, you yourself hear voices, and that lots of people do. Hearing Voices Network USA agrees and sees voice hearing, having visions, tactile and other unusual experiences as part of common human experience. We also believe that these experiences happen in a wide variety of circumstances and for a wide variety of reasons. Therefore we try to avoid using medical diagnostic language in general, which can be very limiting, and try to provide opportunities for people to find their own understanding of their experiences. As you said, some people have spiritual experiences, some people have certain sensitivities, some people find their experiences are a result of past or present traumas, some communicate with other dimensions, etc.
It's certainly great for folks to share their own experiences and what works for themselves, and we encourage that. We try to avoid defining other people's experiences for them, again because we believe there are so many different ways of looking at things, it's important people can find their own understanding.
Also, I want to point out there is a section of the forum specifically for family and supporters of people who have these experiences.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AutumnGE

• dolphin
  • Frequent Poster
  • Frequent Poster
  • E.C.C.O Agent
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #1086 by dolphin
dolphin replied the topic: IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL "VOICE SUFFERERS" AND CONCERNED FAMILY MEMBER
Kamaile, Perhaps you should show your son to this website. He would be welcome. At the very least show him this post.

One need only read the psychiatrists bible (DSM) which lists the associated symptoms required to be given the official diagnosis to determine just how hurtful it can be to label anyone with the term schizophrenic. Being labeled with a diagnosis can be akin to wearing a straight jacket, but there is an upside to that. You will want out of that straight jacket pretty bad. In order to get it off requires introspection which forces you to engage in self psycho analysis. It therefore stands to reason and clarity that the more you learn about the science of psychology the better at being able to get it off you will become.

The only other thing I found that my diagnosis was good for was that I was given a disability pension for life along with medical benefits. That removed a great deal of stress from my life and stress is most definately a mind killer which is almost always the cause of my condition flaring up. The way I look at it is at least I am being paid to wear the label in return for offering myself up as a cash cow for psychiatrists, social workers, therapists, psychologists, hospital psychiatric departments, and pharmaceutical companies. Wearing the label became my full time job. :lol: It also freed me to pursue my studies in order to gain the knowledge and insight I required. Lucky for me the pharmaceutical industry did not make very much money off me. I refused the drugs they wanted to prescribe and instead insisted on a modest prescription of valium which I only took as needed. I did benefit from a grand total of six years of psycho therapy that I would never have been able to afford without medicare.

Is a diagnosis a bad thing? Yes and no. Everyone has to eat and diagnosed patients provide job security to a whole lot of people and support a thriving industry. Where it can be very bad is for the patient. The way to avoid that happening is through education to gain the knowledge and insight necessary to control your own treatment and recovery in order to avoid the traps and pitfalls. Rather than let others label you instead work to define yourself. In doing so you will discover an explanation for the voices that make their nature clear to you. An explanation that will hopefully allow you to live in peace without fear, paranoia, or doubt which offers you both clarity and reason. It worked for me. Thats not to say you won't still suffer through panic and anxiety attacks, or have to deal with the occasional psychosis brought on by extreme circumstances, but you will be aware of it and that will put the war totally in your favor providing you the psychological leverage necessary to declare peace of mind.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by dolphin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Macdru

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #1087 by Phoenix
Phoenix replied the topic: IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL "VOICE SUFFERERS" AND CONCERNED FAMILY MEMBER
I believe that all schizophrenic symptoms can be explained spiritually. And the brain disorder that psychiatric research has found is actually brain damage due to drug abuse. Some drugs like crystal methamphetamine and crack cocaine are drugs that bring evil spirits into our lives. And good spirits reach out to help the inflicted.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Phoenix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AutumnGE

• dolphin
  • Frequent Poster
  • Frequent Poster
  • E.C.C.O Agent
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #1089 by dolphin
dolphin replied the topic: IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL "VOICE SUFFERERS" AND CONCERNED FAMILY MEMBER

Phoenix wrote: I believe that all schizophrenic symptoms can be explained spiritually.

I have often thought about the meaning of spirituality. I choose to think that everything is spiritual. Be they mundane endeavors up to and including washing dishes and taking a dump; to the most highly advanced scientific activities like flying to the moon, or discovering a cure for a malody. I say why not. Why bother catagorizing everything as either spiritual, or nonspiritual? Seems like a waste of time time to me. All it does is inject confusion into our perception of reality. An explanation derived through science is no less spiritual than one derived from a religious belief when you get right down to it. I think an important question might be to find out who it was that came up with the distinction in the first place and why it was ever promoted as valid. I refuse to accept that it was done by accident, or chance. I would further suggest that the answer can most likely be found in the science of psychology which in ancient times was referred to as the science of mysticism in the same way that astronomy was referred to as astrology and chemistry was referred to as alchemy.

In my experience a "BELIEF" can be a type of straight jacket in a similar way that a psychiatric diagnosis (label) can. I used to have beliefs too. I experienced them and experimented with them. What I discovered was what others before me had discovered.

In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended
--- J.C. LILLY, M.D.

In time I came to think very similarly to what is called in some circles as a "model agnostic" who is someone who has no beliefs at all and who applies the principles of the Copenhagen interpretation to their thinking. Interestingly it is one of the most commonly taught concepts of quantum mechanics which is NOT something that I pretend to know very much about. I've never really thought of myself as a physicist, but hey if it works don't break it trying to fix it.

I came across these concepts long ago on my own for the most part. As time went on I began finding sources in books about others who had come to the same conclusions without my ever having been exposed to them before. Understand that I do not regard myself as a mystic. At least not in the traditional sense of the term. For me its always been about reason and clarity. The voices forced me to that. That was my path to learning to live at peace with them. I had a need to formulate an understanding of their nature that made sense to me. Certainly I am not an atheist, but rest assured I am in no way anti-science.

Read for yourself here. http://www.rawilson.com/trigger1.html
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by dolphin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamaile

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #1186 by RobinM
RobinM replied the topic: IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL "VOICE SUFFERERS" AND CONCERNED FAMILY MEMBER
Don't talk to any of the voices. They are called familiar spirits and they are evil spirits in another dimension. I began hearing voices a year and a half ago. The entities even began speaking and laughing through me. I turned to God and am getting better. Pray. Talk to God and ask for help. Ask Him to send you dreams on ways to help. Keep a dream journal. I read the Bible every day and find that my dreams correspond to the Bible. Also, if you take drugs or smoke, ask God for help and strength to quit, because these entities feed on sin. Also, I watch Shepherd's Chapel on TV. It is channel 256 on Dish. It helps also. If you need to talk, my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds