Post Moderation (27 May 2016)

To help eliminate spam posts, the first few posts made by a forum guest will go through a moderation process, and won't appear until they are marked as not spam. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Mean voices

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1167 by Mika
Mika created the topic: Mean voices
HELP. Voices tell my son he’s got to kill himself...

My son Chris is 20 and has been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and the voices tell him he’s got to kill himself and they will stop. He can’t concentrate they’ve absorbed him. He’s done he wants to go to hell. Meds don’t help, tried all except clozaril because he hates needles and won’t do the blood tests. He’s on high dosages now. Seraquil and depakote, haldol and benztropine. He’s been hospitalized only to come home the same basically. He hates hospitals and I’ll do everything to keep him out. He has panic attacks again at times and cries constantly. Voices told him he had to cry and scream for 18 hrs straight...now kill himself. How can I REALLY help him. He’s suffering, this is so mentally cruel. Any advice...? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MazelTovCocktail
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1175 by MazelTovCocktail
MazelTovCocktail replied the topic: Mean voices
I have heard similar voices. Medications and hospitalization did not help me much either because as I discovered the voices were the result of unresolved past trauma and my current stress levels. The medications did not help heal the past trauma and the hospital only added to my stress.

A combination of discussing my fears, finding a supportive HVN community and doing neurofeedback is what was helpful for me. The voices will return if I do not manage the stress in my life appropriately.

I think HVN groups are helpful particularly for young voice hearers because they can provide you with adult role models that also have had voices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AutumnGE

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1176 by RobinM
RobinM replied the topic: Mean voices
Tell him not to talk to the voices or listen to them. I began hearing voices a year and a half ago. The entities even began speaking and laughing through me. I turned to God and am getting better. Pray. Tell your son to Talk to God and ask for help. Ask Him to send you dreams on ways to help. Keep a dream journal. I read the Bible every day and find that my dreams correspond to the Bible. Also, if he takes drugs or smoke, ask God for help and strength to quit, because these entities feed on sin. Also, I watch Shepherd's Chapel on TV. It is channel 256 on Dish. It helps also

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1177 by RobinM
RobinM replied the topic: Mean voices
If you need to get in touch with me, or if your son needs to talk to someone having similar problems, please email me. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1187 by autumnel97
autumnel97 replied the topic: Mean voices
I understand what he is going through. I have 8 voices, and some of them are very bad and tell me to hurt myself and kill myself. Meds don't help me either. All they do is make me feel awful. The only thing that helps me is distractions and managing the amount of stress in my life. Distractions are an immediate, though short term, solution. I generally play music and go for a walk (not alone, because my voices will try to get me to walk into traffic if I'm alone). I also find a friend and talk about it. Talking about the voices wanting me to kill myself can help me decipher what the voices want and what I want. Is he in therapy? A therapist who specializes in this sort of thing might be able to help him. I'm sorry I couldn't help more. I just wanted to tell you I understand and tell you what works for me. I really do hope your son learns how to manage.

Oh. Another thing that works for me is bargaining with my voices. I'll tell them, if you leave me alone now, I'll talk to you later. Although that works more for when they're wanting attention than when they're trying to get me to hurt or kill myself. I'm sorry your son is having such a hard time with his voices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AutumnGE

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds