Post Moderation (27 May 2016)

To help eliminate spam posts, the first few posts made by a forum guest will go through a moderation process, and won't appear until they are marked as not spam. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Synthetic Voices - Hello from Keith

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1218 by Keith
Keith created the topic: Synthetic Voices - Hello from Keith
Hello everyone, pleased to make your acquaintance.

My wife sent me a link to this wonderful website, I had no idea that something like this even existed.

I had always felt that there were likely many people that hear voices, that it's not always unhealthy for the individual, and that there was much more to be understood. In fact I believe it will lead to a greater understanding of ourselves as people.

My angle is a little bit different - in that I hear voices mostly in the sound and experiments I create. I'm not sure what is accepted here and what isn't, so out of respect I'll keep my explanation brief.

I listened to a radio for years with the intent of hearing voices, or as I saw it - making the voices clearer by using noise reduction software. Over time they slowly began to get clearer. At some point I accidentally created synthetic audio streams (without a radio) to try to mimic human voice. It only became clear to me a year or two later that what I was doing was copying technical aspects of how human voice sounded. In doing so, I created a "synthetic" voices, and I intentionally listen to them to help train my brain as a creativity tool.

After years of this kind of work, I began to hear the same voice in ceiling fans, bathroom fans, computer fans, etc. In my case, I believe you could describe me as someone who induced voices - unintentionally. In addition, I also do the same with images...pictures. I've also streamed these live (under other pretenses) Have sent email to organizations and institutions like Princeton, etc and not once did I receive a single reply.

It has led me on a fascinating journey to understand more about how the brain works, how we work, and how the two meet together!

I have nothing to sell, no agenda other than to discover. I extend my compassion for people here who have endured suffering and difficulties by hearing voices.

Because of my unique position of inducing voices, and my already existent proclivities to extend and/or stretch my mind in a psychological way, as well as having been painted as "an eccentric".......as well as past drug abuse and childhood psychological challenges - I felt I would like to reach out to you good people and say hello as I feel there will be some things in common.

My perspective came from the areas of life after death and such. There are many people in those "niches" who hear their own types of voices - of course it is different for everyone. I know people that hear nothing, and others that listen to a recording and hear something different every time!

Work for a law firm by day and by night I pursue a better understanding of these complex areas.

Either way, I am confident that we are all very complex machines and we've only begun to scratch the surface.

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds