×
Post Moderation (27 May 2016)

To help eliminate spam posts, the first few posts made by a forum guest will go through a moderation process, and won't appear until they are marked as not spam. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Trying To Understand This Forum

  • My2Cents
  • My2Cents's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #1274 by My2Cents
My2Cents created the topic: Trying To Understand This Forum
Hello, everyone. I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I found this forum from an internet search when I was searching for psychotic experiences where people experienced unseen entities and could feel their energy and I found this thread:

Hearing voices of invisible entities and feeling their negative energies

That's an interesting thread that mentioned some similarities to myself, even though, I have never heard any unseen voices before in my life. However, I feel(or believe that I feel) other people's energies around me and vice versa. But more about me later, however, I was wondering if anyone could help me to understand this forum better.

I read the Welcome thread and Adapted HVN-USA Charter for Forum Use thread, however, after looking at various threads in this forum, I still don't quite understand the purpose of this forum. Also, I read one post where someone was saying that this forum is so slow that he sometimes responds to or bumps up threads just to create activity in the forum. Plus, this is not a criticism, but an observation, but if I had to describe this form as a whole, I would say that it is a 'religious' forum where most people are sharing their experiences about being harassed by demons and how they're relying on God. However, I did want to let people know that I am a bit of a religious skeptic and ask that people not reply to my posts with religious encouragement and religious explanations. Thank you.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by My2Cents. Reason: To create hyperlink

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MazelTovCocktail
  • MazelTovCocktail's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 3 days ago #1281 by MazelTovCocktail
MazelTovCocktail replied the topic: Trying To Understand This Forum
Hello,

Welcome to the Forum. The purpose of this space is similar to the intention that Hearing Voices groups hold in many communities. We seek to provide a place to share personal experiences with voices, visions, alternative realities etc. without judgment. Just as in our groups, forum members have the freedom to interpret their experiences in any way. Some of the common frameworks include spiritual factors, technology, and connections to trauma and life adversity.

In addition to this text-based Forum, we also have confidential discussion-based online groups that meet over the Zoom platform.

Let us know if you have any specific questions about the Forum or the values of the HVN-USA Charter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • My2Cents
  • My2Cents's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
6 days 5 hours ago #1283 by My2Cents
My2Cents replied the topic: Trying To Understand This Forum

MazelTovCocktail wrote: Hello,

Welcome to the Forum. The purpose of this space is similar to the intention that Hearing Voices groups hold in many communities. We seek to provide a place to share personal experiences with voices, visions, alternative realities etc. without judgment. Just as in our groups, forum members have the freedom to interpret their experiences in any way. Some of the common frameworks include spiritual factors, technology, and connections to trauma and life adversity.


So are the community groups livelier and more encouraging than this forum?

MazelTovCocktail wrote: In addition to this text-based Forum, we also have confidential discussion-based online groups that meet over the Zoom platform.


What is the Zoom platform? And are those groups livelier and more encouraging than this forum?

MazelTovCocktail wrote: Let us know if you have any specific questions about the Forum or the values of the HVN-USA Charter.


Yes, I would like to know why my second post from weeks ago was censored and didn't make it to this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MazelTovCocktail
  • MazelTovCocktail's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 days 19 hours ago #1284 by MazelTovCocktail
MazelTovCocktail replied the topic: Trying To Understand This Forum
Any group where people are sharing space together and having a conversation in real time is going to have differences than a text-based internet forum. It is up to the individual to decide what works for them. If you are looking for a group in community please check out the following link: http://www.hearingvoicesusa.org/find-a-group

The Zoom teleconference platform provides a way for group participants to share space and have a real-time conversation while on their laptops or phones. Although people are logging in from different parts of the country, these online groups are much more similar to community groups than text-based forums.

By searching for Hearing Voices Network on Facebook you will find some text-based groups that are quite active due to the popularity of that social media platform.

We are unable to approve posts to the Public Forum that are not within the values of the HVN-USA Charter: http://www.hearingvoicesusa.org/hvn-usa-charter If you have any specific questions about Charter values you can always email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • My2Cents
  • My2Cents's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 days 6 hours ago #1285 by My2Cents
My2Cents replied the topic: Trying To Understand This Forum

MazelTovCocktail wrote: Any group where people are sharing space together and having a conversation in real time is going to have differences than a text-based internet forum. It is up to the individual to decide what works for them. If you are looking for a group in community please check out the following link: http://www.hearingvoicesusa.org/find-a-group


Thanks. Actually, I just checked your link and there's a group that meets in the city that I live in.

MazelTovCocktail wrote: The Zoom teleconference platform provides a way for group participants to share space and have a real-time conversation while on their laptops or phones. Although people are logging in from different parts of the country, these online groups are much more similar to community groups than text-based forums.


Okay, thanks.

MazelTovCocktail wrote: By searching for Hearing Voices Network on Facebook you will find some text-based groups that are quite active due to the popularity of that social media platform.


Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not really a Facebook fan.

MazelTovCocktail wrote: We are unable to approve posts to the Public Forum that are not within the values of the HVN-USA Charter: http://www.hearingvoicesusa.org/hvn-usa-charter If you have any specific questions about Charter values you can always email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


I'm not sure what I said that was unacceptable(although I have somewhat of an idea), but apparently it was not within the values of the HVN-USA Charter. But anyway, I think that the community group may work better for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds