Post Moderation (27 May 2016)

To help eliminate spam posts, the first few posts made by a forum guest will go through a moderation process, and won't appear until they are marked as not spam. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

× In keeping with HVN values of privacy and confidentiality, please be mindful when sharing your experiences. Respectfully share overall themes while taking care not to reveal specific or personal details.

Breathing and Other Simple Techniques

• senyland
  • senyland's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #522 by senyland
senyland created the topic: Breathing and Other Simple Techniques
Hello to all!
I am a facilitator and voice hearer from Long Beach, CA USA.
I am interested in connecting with other voice hearing group facilitators from around the globe to exchange ideas and experiences. What has warmed your heart? What has challenged you? What has been the most beneficial change to the way you facilitate your group?
I ask these questions because I don't know any other voice hearer/HVN Facilitators yet.
I have hope that will change.
Good day,
Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MazelTovCocktail
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #542 by MazelTovCocktail
MazelTovCocktail replied the topic: Breathing and Other Simple Techniques
Hi Scott,

My name is Caroline and I am a voice hearer who has been facilitating HVN groups in Massachusetts for the past three years. I started a national networking teleconference for facilitators that takes place on the First Friday of every month at 3PM EST and noon Pacific. I would love to have you join us. Just shoot me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will send you more information. I am also happy to connect with other facilitators one-on-one over the phone or Skype.

I love the questions you ask in your post. My heart is warmed every time someone gets to share an experience for the first time and be validated and accepted. It reminds me of those moments HVN gave to me.

One of things we've been doing more of is having a dialogue with voices in the group. One person will share what their voice(s) say and the group can engage and ask questions. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: senyland

• senyland
  • senyland's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #543 by senyland
senyland replied the topic: Breathing and Other Simple Techniques
Thank you for replying, Caroline :cheer:
Have you been fortunate enough to attend a Voice Dialogue training by Rufus May? I have seen some of his videos describing this method. When I learn more, and find participants who are open to it, I want to be well prepared. I will be sending you an email to learn more about the national networking teleconference for facilitators!
Peace,
Scott

• MazelTovCocktail
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 9 months ago #570 by MazelTovCocktail
MazelTovCocktail replied the topic: Breathing and Other Simple Techniques
HI Scott,

I have been lucky enough to spend some time with Rufus and his partner Elisabeth Svanholmer. They are wonderful people. I find Voice Dialogue to be a very effective technique for getting to know and understand different voices and different parts of ourselves. As you may already know, Voice Dialogue began as way to speak with different parts of a person's identity like the "Inner Critic" or the "Inner Child". Hal and Sidra Stone's idea was that everyone, whether they hear voices or not, has different selves that may have conflicting needs or ideas. It was later developed to work with voices. Often, in the groups that I am a part of, a person might offer what their voice is saying and the group may respond to the voice directly. Many find this helpful.

It would be great to have you join us one day on the networking call. We had a few Californians on the call last Friday from the Bay Area. It would great to have some representation from the South. B)

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds